Detailed schedule suggestions for a trip in Sapa in 2 days and 1 night
The Sapa journey in 2 days and 1 night with many interesting experiences of Phi made many people realise that not going to Sapa this season is "such a mistake".
Hoang Phi (25 years old) is currently a photo model in Hanoi, who is also a travel addict. Recently he had an interesting trip to Sapa in 2 days and 1 night. Sharing with Nem-vn.net, Phi said: “As a travel addict, I came to Sapa to have a different holiday than those in Hanoi. I had never been to Sapa before, so I felt quite impressed when arriving there. Sapa has fresh nature, beautiful scenes, ancient works, majestic hotels and interesting destinations”.
Sapa town. Photo: Hoang Phi
Hoang Phi is very impressed with the Northwest of Vietnam, so Sapa is his first destination. Photo: Hoang Phi
Eager to discover the “charming” land in the Northwest, Hoang Phi has made smart choices for his first time to Sapa.
Transportation and hotel
Phi booked a 4-star hotel combo for VND 1.4 million/person. Combo 2 days and 1 night includes a round trip car (going by car with double cabin; returning by single bed car), hotel, breakfast, drinking water and services at the swimming pool. Staying in the President room of the hotel, he had a very beautiful mountain view.
Beautiful mountain view from Phi’s room. Photo: Hoang Phi
Phi chose to take a taxi in Sapa. He noted that each taxi provider had a price list for different locations. This kind of transport is very suitable for group travel as it can save costs. You can choose motorbike taxis if there are few people in your group.
Schedule and destinations
Due to traveling in only 2 days and 1 night, Phi chose to visit the most famous places in Sapa. You can utilize the young man's schedule below as a reference:
- 22:45, Phi boarded a spacious InterBus to go to Sapa. On the way, there is a stop for passengers to relax and go to the toilet. At 6am in Sapa, he got in a transfer car to the hotel to put his luggage there.
Bac Ha Noodle has a typical light pink color. Photo: dinhvanphuongdoquyen.blogspot
- 6:00: Having breakfast at Bac Ha Noodle at 53 Le Van Tam, Sapa town, Sapa, Lao Cai. Noodle (Pho) is a very typical dish of Hanoi, but those in Sapa have a unique feature. The noodles here do not have an ivory white color like normal noodles, but they have a typical light pink color due to being made from “nuong” rice - which has a natural purple pink color. This rice is very hard, but when processed into noodles, they are chewy and richer than those made from common white rice. That is the compelling reason as to why enjoying a bowl of Bac Ha Noodle once and you will be impressed forever thanks to its typical sweet and rich flavor. The price for a bowl of Pho here is VND 40,000/bowl.
- 7:30: walking to Sapa Station (near the hotel) to sightsee and take pictures.
- 8:30: Phi visited Cat Cat village. The taxi fare was about VND 100,000. Cat Cat village is located in San Sa Ho commune, Sapa district, Lao Cai province. This place was discovered by the French in the early 20th century and it later became a resort for high-ranking officials. The name “Cat Cat” originated from the name of a beautiful waterfall in the village called CatScat in French, then locals regarded it as “Cat Cat” now. The village is the main residence of the H'Mong people with more than 80 households.
Cat Cat is beautiful and poetic. Photo: chotourviet
Coming here, you can admire the pristine natural scenery surrounded by mountains and forests, the sound of picturesque waterfalls, and the small houses of the H'Mong people made from fokienia wood in the mist. In Cat Cat village, you can learn about the lifestyle and culture of the H'Mong people through the traditional process of weaving, especially dyeing with indigo. You can also buy beautiful silver and bronze jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. It is highly recommended that you should rent beautiful ethnic costumes here to take photos. Phi noted that you should go to Cat Cat village early, otherwise it would run out of beautiful ethnic items. Costume rental is about VND 70,000/person.
Phi takes photos in Cat Cat village. Photo: Hoang Phi.
Phi suggested some beauty spots for taking photos in Cat Cat such as sunflower garden, ancient rose garden, waterfall, Cat Cat village, etc. When buying tickets, you will be given a map including surrounding places. After that, you can go by yourself and take pictures freely. You can call a taxi to pick you up when you are tired. It takes about 15-20 minutes for a taxi to reach the parking lot one or two, depending on your position.
Admission ticket to Cat Cat village (2020): Adults: VND 90,000; Children: VND 50,000; Children under one meter: Free.
Hotel De La Coupole MGallery attracts visitors thanks to its luxurious European-style architecture. Photo: Hoang Phi
- 11:00: moving to Hotel De La Coupole MGallery to take pictures. You can come to take them at the cafe or with interiors in the hotel without any requirements to book a room here. There are many beautiful backgrounds inside the hotel, so Phi recommended that you should bring different outfits to have a diversity of photos.
- 12:00: check-in hotel, change clothes, rest, take photos at BamBoo hotel with a beautiful mountain view and then come to the infinity pool.
Phi can admire the majestic mountains and forests from the infinity pool at the hotel. Photo: Hoang Phi.
- In the evening, Phi had sturgeon hotpot and snacks, walked to the square, stone church and then returned to the hotel to rest. Sturgeon hotpot is a highly-recommended dish when you come to Sapa as this kind of fish is very popular here. The meat of the sturgeon has a light pink color with a firm and sweet texture. The broth has a strong sour and spicy taste that creates an impressive flavor, served with delicious fish and typical vegetables of the Northwest region such as watercress, kale, cabbage, spinach, chayote and dill. The price for each sturgeon hotpot is around VND 300,000 - 600,000.
Sturgeon hotpot is a specialty when you come to Sapa. Photo: Zingnews
- In the morning, Phi had a buffet at the hotel.
- 8:00: going to the peak of Fansipan. Phi said: “The weather that day was not very nice, so when I reached the mountain peak, the sky was cloudy and gloomy. It was foggy and quite cold. When going to Fansipan peak, the temperature will be around 10-12 degrees Celsius. You should bring warm clothes as you will stay on the mountain for about 2 hours”.
The boy conquered the top of Fansipan. Photo: Hoang Phi
Fansipan, also known as Phan Si Pang, is the highest mountain in Vietnam and Indochina, so it is regarded as the "Roof of Indochina". It is located in the Hoang Lien Son mountain range, about 9km from the center of Sapa town to the southwest. In 2019, its height was about 3,147m, with a very rich flora with 1,680 types in 679 genera, belonging to 7 groups. At the foot of the mountain, there are red silk cotton trees, jackfruit, and cork with a relatively thick density, creating destinations such as Coc Lu (Coc Gao - with red silk cotton trees) and Coc San (Coc Mit - with jackfruit trees). From the foot of the mountain to the height of 700m, there are dense primitive forests. From 700m upwards are conifer trees like fokienia. There are ancient trees which are so big that four people can not hold their trunks. There are also some trees belonging to the family of roses, goldthread, sedge and so on.
Phi said that to reach the top of Fansipan, you can join in a tour or travel by cable car. If you take the cable car, there will be 3 stages with the cost of about VND 820,000/person. You have to take the Muong Hoa train to the cable car, then get in the cable car to the final destination, and walk up the steps from the station to the top of Fansipan. From the mountain peak, you can admire the view of clouds and winds blending with forest trees, which gives you a unique feeling of being able to grasp the floating clouds.
The Silver WaterFall is beautiful, dreamy, but majestic. Photo: Mytour
- 14:00: Phi returned to the hotel to change clothes, charge his phone battery, and then he went to the Silver Waterfall and O Quy Ho Pass. Silver Waterfall is located in Hoang Lien commune, Sa Pa town, Lao Cai province, with a height of 200m. It is upstream of the Muong Hoa stream (Ca Hoa stream). Endowed with a poetic and charming beauty with a “white water” falling in the middle of the majestic mountains, this destination brings impressive feelings for visitors at first sight. Phi rented a motorbike for half of a day at the price of VND 80,000. He spent VND 30,000 to refuel the vehicle. He said there were many container trucks on the roads, so visitors should be careful when riding motorbikes.
O Quy Ho Pass from a distance. Photo: haidangtravel
O Quy Ho Pass or Hoang Lien Son Pass is a pass on Highway 4D in the vicinity of the two provinces of Lao Cai and Lai Chau, Vietnam. This is the largest and most beautiful pass in Sapa, which is known as one of the "four great passes", along with Ma Pi Leng pass (Ha Giang), Pha Din pass (Son La) and Khau Pha pass (Yen Bai). O Quy Ho Pass attracts tourists, especially backpackers, due to its challenging road: one side is a steep cliff while the other side is a deep abyss. The peak of the pass is the “Sky Gate”, where visitors can admire mountains, clouds and the beautiful sunset.
The ticket price for Silver Waterfall is VND 20,000/person, and for O Quy Ho Sky Gate is VND 80,000/person.
Sky Gate at O Quy Ho Pass.
- 19:00: Phi returned to the town center to have beef hotpot and admire the night of Sapa.
- 21:30: Phi got on the bus back to Hanoi, ending the trip.
The cost of a 2-day-1-night trip is about VND 5 million. He said that depending on your financial condition, you can have a trip with lower cost.
Sharing the trip with Nem-vn.net, Phi was quite sad as his experience on the peak of Fansipan was not as expected due to a lot of fog, making him unable to "hunt" the “sea of clouds and sunshine”. Nevertheless, this makes the young man desire to return to this land to fulfill his unfinished intentions and visit other destinations here.
Photo: Hoang Phi
Reference: Wikipedia Vietnamese