Prestigious foreign currency exchange agents in Hanoi that you should know
Hanoi welcomes from five to seven million international visitors every year, leading to the huge demand for money exchange. Here are reputable foreign currency exchange agents in the capital of Vietnam that you should know.
Currency exchange at Noi Bai airport
Noi Bai International Airport. Photo: vietnamairport.vn
Noi Bai International Airport is the first place you will set foot on when coming to Hanoi by plane. You can exchange foreign currency in both international and domestic terminal areas:
Domestic Terminal (1st Floor): On the 1st floor, there are two foreign currency exchange counters, namely ACB Bank and Vietinbank.
International Terminal (2nd Floor):
To the west of the public area on the 1st floor: there are two currency exchange counters, namely Maritime Bank and BIDV.
To the east of the public area on the 1st floor: there are two foreign currency exchange counters, namely Techcombank and Vietinbank.
Currency exchange at Noi Bai international airport. Photo: noibai247
Currency exchange at banks
A more flexible option for foreign currency exchange is at banks as Hanoi has many branches of most of the biggest banks in Vietnam. The banks with foreign currency exchange services that you can refer to are BIDV, Techcombank, Vietinbank, Vietcombank and Agribank. Transactions here are licensed by the state, so the process and procedures are safe and guaranteed.
When exchanging money at banks, you have to declare many documents and complete many other procedures, so you should arrange your time appropriately to avoid affecting your schedule.
Foreign currency exchange at Vietnamese banks is a safe choice. Photo: viettinbank.vn
Addresses of some reputable bank branches in Hanoi are:
- BIDV has branches at 35 Hang Voi; 4B Le Thanh Tong; 20 Hang Tre; 147 Hoang Quoc Viet; 263 Cau Giay, etc.
- Vietinbank has branches at 108 Tran Hung Dao; 183 Nguyen Luong Bang; 5 Nguyen Bieu; 185 Chua Lang; 14 Le Duan; 159 Thai Ha; 35-37 Hang Bo; 22 Thanh Cong, etc.
- Agribank has branches at 2 Lang Ha; 23 Quang Trung; 1 Pham Huy Thong; 77 Lac Trung; 4 Pham Ngoc Thach; 123 Hoang Hoa Tham; 75 Phuong Mai, etc.
- Vietcombank has branches at 111 Giang Vo; 30-32 Lang Ha; 11B Cat Linh; 105 A2 Dong Tac; 285 Doi Can; 39 Van Phuc; 102 Thai Thinh, etc.
- Techcombank has branches at 191 Ba Trieu; 208 Thai Ha; 15 Dao Duy Tu; 63 Hoang Cau; 101 Lang Ha, etc.
- SHB has branches at 86 Ba Trieu; 49 Ngo Quyen; 77 Tran Hung Dao; 8 Hang Hanh Alley; 326 Kham Thien; 21 Tran Duy Hung; 71 Hang Trong; 182 Lac Trung; 57 Trung Hoa, etc.
- Sacombank has branches at 82 Tran Duy Hung; 88 Ly Thuong Kiet; 440 Bach Mai; 60 Nguyen Chi Thanh; 360 Tay Son; 25 Cua Bac; 260 Ba Trieu; 10 Ta Quang Buu, etc.
- VP Bank has branches at 89 Lang Ha; 2 Nguyen Khanh Toan; 292 Tay Son; 16 Nguyen Thi Dinh; 37 Yen Lang; 22 Thanh Cong; 56 Le Trong Tan; 343 Doi Can; 18 Lieu Giai, etc.
- Maritime Bank has branches at 71 Hai Ba Trung; 99 Vo Thi Sau; 21 Bat Su; 69 Hoang Quoc Viet; 221 Le Duan, etc.
Transactions at Techcombank. Photo: techcombank.com
Some notes when you exchange foreign currency
Foreign currency exchange fees at banks are usually from 2% to 2.5%.
It is necessary to find out the exchange rate before you exchange money, hence you will be able to estimate the total amount of money you will receive after exchanging while being able to balance your budget during your travel time.
Another thing you need to do is to make a spending plan before you exchange money to have the appropriate amount of cash that suits your needs.